Monday, November 11, 2013

Blog Post #35 - Google and travel!! - On Road and On Space



Driver-less car : Google has been working with Stanford and won the 2 million prize set by DARPA.

Electric car: Other than Toyota Google has been one of the investors in Tesla .

Mundane cars: Google has been actively working on integrating Car GPS with their Google Maps service

Google cars already took images of my house, points to all the places where I get get my electric car charged.


Earlier I would to go to google to find address and then use car GPS.  In future ,I don't need to worry.

Gesture or speech or Thought control technology will let my electric driver less car know where to go and play my favorite songs from my playlist depending on the route and occasion.


NASA has been receiving a lot of Grant from Google and Google execs own a private parking spot in NASA because of their investment. Google Earth and Google Mars are both a reality now. On to Google Universe!

2 unrelated news

I read an article on how Goldman and other financial companies are struggling to get talent as Google,Facebook and other silicon valley are snatching the IVY league's towards them. Goldman has implemented a no saturday work policy. They check the logs and ensure new recruits don't work on Saturdays.

Do you work on Saturdays?  

For every android phone sold Microsoft gets $4-$8 to tallying $2 billion a year.

Yes you read it right. Android phones have patents that are owned by our dear MS.

No comments:

Post a Comment