Friday, December 6, 2013

Blog Post #49- When will I be able to drop my kids to school using Drones? - sooner than you think...

This thanksgiving I heard that some one bought a drone and was playing around with his son.

In the past I was reading about drones used by US Military (and CIA) but also Pizza and news paper delivery drones in Europe.

What caught my attention was 2 different news

Amazon has been working on Drone delivery system for Prime customers. If FAA approves in 2015 or 2016 you will get your 'package' delivered in 30 min by these Drones.


Amazon Prime Air 



Wow. 

I will order my stuff and in 30min the drone will drop it! I will pick it up and use it.

I love this concept.

While this use of drones was making me create a bigger wish list in Amazon 
"Drones used to try to smuggle contraband into jail"

What?
Check this news




The Jail Inmates need stuff too and Drones  are here to help. Attempts in Calhoun state prison, Georgia and Gatineau jail in Quebec ,Canada are documented by bbc.

So the central question to me when I woke up yesterday was -
It is 7:30 am. My son needs to be in school at 7:45.

I don't want him to get Tardy. 

Can I use one of these drones to drop him off?

We need to wait and watch! Imagine children literally dropped off in school from sky!

I love technology and the possibilities!

Keep Learning
Sivakumar Manikanteswaran

No comments:

Post a Comment