Sunday, February 2, 2020

Clay Christensen and John Wooden - my 2 favorite thought leaders

Clay Christensen's death last week made me think about my other favorite person John Wooden.

I haven't met with these folks and I dont even know anything other than what I have watched on youtube and the few pages I read from Innovator's dilemma.

I haven't read John Wooden books yet.

Clay Christensen talks about Job to be done - We need to understand every business and the job it helps to get 'done'.

The big idea being disruption. The disruption that extends product or service to non customers .
John Wooden talks about success pyramid. I dont recall much of his videos that I gathered . . Will update once I have a refresher.

Clay Christensen made me think about how humble he looked ,how confident he spoke and how funny he delivered his speeches.

He has a way to explain complex stuff and made me feel part of Harvard even though I am not.


Clayton Christensen - "Don’t worry about the level of individual prominence you have achieved; worry about the individuals you have helped become better people."
Listen to his talk and you will know why he worked with intel , pentagon and many in Silicon Valley use ‘disruptive’ term thanks to clay Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment