Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blog Post #24 - Amazon Mechanical Turk, Electronic Pill , Google Driverless car and Thought controlled bionics- Eric Schmidt the new digital age

What is Amazon Mechanical Turk? Some of the book I read had something about Facebook,Amazon and Google  ( That should tell you about the books... all visionary technology books that talks about how the world will change ..and you will change).

This new one , from which I will be quoting from time to time in this blog is from Eric Schmidt and Jared Cohen. Interesting to find someone who had worked from state department is working along side Eric .

Politics these days depend on technology . From Obama Campaign to Arab springs twitter and facebook  are part of the strategy.

Interesting intersection of ideas. While, I have read only the first few pages some things jumped on me.

Amazon Mechnical Turk : Check the site and you will get an idea.The real mechanical Turk was this old idea in warfare where the Turks operated an amazing robot like machines few centuries ago and won battles and wars.

It was a facade under which real humans fought.. interesting concept. In this age and era we want everything to be automated. This is where Amazon Mechanical Turk comes to play.. check it out.

In 2012 FDA approved electronic pills
In 2011/2012 Nevada passed laws approving driver less cars and California followed.

What does this mean to mean? I can swallow a pill which will connect to my cell phone and my doctor helping us understand what is happening inside the body after the chemicals react with my biological system.

I can sleep in my car while my car goes to work and comes back home.

What excites me most is the researches on fMRI and Thought controlled gadgets. Look at the first set of success stories


Finally mind controlling physical objects.
Can you bend that spoon now?

No comments:

Post a Comment