Monday, October 28, 2013

Blog Post #17 - Tat Twan Asi = Know Thyself. Self awareness what does it mean?

Next time you visit a temple with south indian gods in it please note what is written above Ayyappa.

Tat Twam Asi.

A Very profound truth - it means Know thyself.

Ramana Maharishi asks every to ask the following two questions

1. Whom am I?
2. Who is asking Whom am I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcvuctV0FJo

The essence of whom am I is definitely not double helix structure = DNA

Observe in a day how many time we use the word I ( even in this post...check how many Is) and yet there is no one who knows who is 'I' .

Science is close to explaining what makes the body and the mind. The missing link = spirit.

If I talk to you , who is talking to who?

When you die what dies? What makes the body decompose when you leave? There are folks who have artificial heart (sometimes no heart..) . Some folks who have severe brain damage. They still live - who lives?


No comments:

Post a Comment